Monday, March 29, 2010

Infertility is kind of like pickles and ice cream... sort of

I've decided to take the plunge and begin an "infertility blog".... so cliche. I'm just one more blog, among hundreds - thousands - regarding this very topic. I'm not a skilled writer, so you will see typo's (is that a real word?). I'm not a poet... and yes, I do know it. This is just free therapy for myself. It may confirm my insanity to my friends or help others realize they are not alone in this journey. I'm not sure where to begin. I really do hope to have all those weird food cravings. I would love to ask my man to run out at midnight to fetch me pickles and ice cream (do women really do that?!). Every month I hope to experience morning sickness, just to give me added hope that "I might be". I'm half joking about the weight gain, although it would be great if I could label the pooch "baby weight". Infertility can be so very sad, confusing and hopeless. God can replace those feelings with hope, faith and trust. Hope that a baby is in our future... however that child may come - natural or adoption. Faith that He is in control. Trust that His plan is perfect... so is His timing. This journey is a bit like pickles and ice cream.... salty, tart times mixed with comforting, sweet times. Only God can provide those sweet, comforting times.A sweet friend suggested spending time in Psalms.... one chapter at a time. His comfort and sweetness overflow.

Psalm 119:103 "How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth."

No comments:

Post a Comment