Friday, February 18, 2011

'Cause I got a peaceful easy feeling, And I know you won't let me down 'cause I'm already standing on the ground.'



Ever just feel a peaceful, easy feeling, over something that shouldn't be very peaceful or easy? I do. I have all week. Today is our "Day 3" of the IVF process. I'm excited, I'm a little nervous... not if it will work, but nervous about the side affects. IVF hormones = crazy time. Totally at peace with where God is leading. I have no control over whether or not IVF will be successful. I have no control over anything really. And I guess that's the crazy part... I'm out of control and so happy! That ain't easy for a Type A gal like myself to accept. So, I've given it all over to Him..... the guilt, the shame, the stress, the worry, the control, the doubt, the questioning... all of it. As I drove to the Dr this morning, I just cried tears of joy. Joy that peace is over me, not because I've created it, but because He has. I'm taking one day at a time... the hormones may kick in in a few weeks and my post will be about how crazy I've become, but today is a good day. One day at a time.

And yea, I mentioned awhile back our IVF dates would be kept private, but what the heck! I need my prayer warriors around me, lifting us up, there is power in prayer. I'm so thankful and grateful to my current prayer warriors, praying for us each step of the way. And yea, if it doesn't work I  hate to tell everyone "it didn't work". Hate it. But, more importantly I want, need, your prayers. He wants to be glorified. To God be the glory... and if I don't tell anyone, how will He receive the glory?! Baby or no baby, He is to be glorified. His timing and plan is the best. So, please echo our prayers for my health and a successful first attempt with IVF., His will to be done.

God is The Creator, my Doc and lab techs are just His tools. “For thou didst form my inward parts, thou didst knit me together in my mother’s womb.” – Psalm 139:13

Excited to see what this year holds, My Man turns 40, we have a 40day process with IVF, we celebrate our 6yr anniversary and 6yrs of trying for a baby and my girl ventures into middle school come fall time. eeekkkk.

Psalms 5:3 "In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly."

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Sarah. I'll be praying for sure. So awesome that you have such a peace over this process even though it's all so scary. You are a testimony to so many people how you trust the Lord so honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I will be praying for you as well! You are an inspiration, really how open you are and how faithful you are!! Good things are coming for you, friend!

    ps...if you do get "crazy" at least you will have an excuse :) So be as crazy as you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing! I am so excited for you and will be praying for you through this journey! I'm so glad that the Lord has given you peace and joy during this time! Praying!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great attitude to have about this!!
    I'm rooting for you!! IVF meds never made me crazy. I loved that I was doing "something" to get my baby!

    ReplyDelete