Sunday, May 16, 2010

For this child I prayed...

Check out a good article here: How to pray with confidence before God. Sometimes I forget He wants me to be confident in Him. Praying for His will for my life, the blessings He has in store for me, seeking guidance to help grow His kingdom, praying that He help me to become the person He created me to be, etc.... but specific things too! I lack confidence in praying for the specifics. I lack confidence in hoping for a specific request to be answered (a baby for example), instead I pray for the vague. They are sincere requests, but vague. He wants me to stand firm, be confident....hopeful. My fear of being disappointed prohibits me from being confident. Those feelings are not of Him. He wants me to take ownership of His mightiness... I am mighty in Him. Today our pastor reminded us that He wants to take ownership of ME. I am His. Today I will be confident in Him, praying for specifics and being confident that He will do what is best for me.... for my family.

Hubs thanks God for the baby He has planned for us! He thanks God for the blessing He has for our family. Really?! Man, I struggle with this concept. I "can't" thank God for that because what if He doesn't have one in store for us. What if equals fear. What if God does not bless us with a baby??? Then God will have kept us in His will and I will rejoice in His plan because that's where we want to be. He wants me to be confident, not fearful. He wants me to be joyful in all circumstances, not disappointed. Through Him I can overcome the disappointment, through Him I can be strong and confident. How cool is that?!
  

"For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition that I made to him." I Samuel 1:27

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    I want you to know I am praying for you. I also wanted to tell you that I have struggled with praying for healing, for baby, for those things that seem so impossible. For me I had a lightbulb moment. If Jesus was walking this earth right now...today, I would follow him to the ends of the earth for healing for my boys. I needed to be earnestly praying for healing just as if I was chasing after Jesus if he was physically here. I realized at the time that yes, I was praying for healing. I was praying knowing that God can heal. I was pleading and asking for healing, BUT I was praying thinking that God would not heal them because that would just be to out there. Once I realized that my prayer life jumped up to the next level. It goes along with praying with confidence. The same God who can move mountains is the same God who loves you. He cares about us and our wants, needs, and desires. For whatever reason he has us walk through some really hard stuff, but I promise it is much better on the other side. I will be praying for you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete