Sunday, December 5, 2010

Faith flourishes

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20 His gifts are truly immeasurable.

"He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD." Psalm 113:9

“The desire to have children who are biologically related to us is natural since it is part of God’s original design in creation (Genesis 1:28). To study why people desire children is about as necessary as studying why people fall in love. Both are related to the Creator’s design. Unfortunately, that design was corrupted by the Fall, resulting in human failures in marital relationships and unfulfilled desires of procreation. Love is not always requited, and couples are not always able to have children.” - quote from an online article.

The two verses hit me today at church - one from a friend and one from a card. I love His Word. I ran across the quote online as I was researching some IVF topics. After my "Trust" post, I thought moving on with the empty "baby room" would be a difficult transition. However, I find myself at peace. I have no doubt He gave me that peace, He lead me in there and wouldn't abandon my ache. He replaced it with joy. He may not have filled the space with a baby yet, but He hasn't left it barren. He planted the seed of joy and continues to help it grow. I pray that He would use my hands to glorify His name, that He would use my time in there as a way to speak to me and I ask Him to fill me with supernatural peace and joy. I find the room to be my little sanctuary. My "faith room" does not disappoint.

I finished some teacher gifts - a wooden recipe/photo holder. I'll attach a granola recipe card to the clip and fill the green/cheetah tins with homemade granola. I'll tie them up in a brown bag, using that green ribbon and Merry Christmas cards. Voila!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! You are amazing! I wish I was your teacher!!! That is such a creative and really cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah for your sweet comments and sweet words. You really are stronger than you think, I love your honesty in your posts. God honors your giving Him honor and He does have blessings in store for you and your family. You're hanging in there the best you can and He sees that. He knows your heart. Praying for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these recipe holders - do you have instructions on how to do this? Love it!
    mereburk@aol.com

    ReplyDelete