Thursday, April 8, 2010

I do

I've been thinking about writing a piece about 2 word sayings regarding infertility. Infertile women hate this 2 word saying - "I started". Other 2 word sayings that are on the forefront of our vocabulary... "I'm pregnant.", "not pregnant", "didn't ovulate", "negative test", "positive test", "sperm count", "I'm late", "bad day", "egg quality", "blood work", "urine sample", "remove cysts", "support groups", "God's timing", "you're young", "it'll happen" ... you get the idea. I don't think I have enough clever material for the topic though.

Tomorrow is the 5year anniversary with my man! April 9, 2005. I am blessed beyond words with my husband. God gave me a treasure. For a brief moment I think about our wedding anniversary as our anniversary of trying to conceive. We dreamed about having a honeymoon baby. I know, some people don't understand that logic, but we had that desire. But, mostly, I think about how blessed I am that God entrusted me with this man. I am grateful for the father he is to T (my daughter from my previous marriage) and dream about the father he will be to our next child. I am humbled by the husband he is to me and the son he is to God. 

This celebration is a great reminder that my marriage is the most important thing, besides my love for God. Infertility can not replace or hinder my special relationship with my man. Infertile women can relate, things get in the way. More 2 word sayings - "timed sex", "timed ovulation", "hormone injections", "mood swings", "swollen ovaries", "mental breakdown". Infertility and all the physical, mental and emotional stuff must not get in the way of our treasure. Sure, take a few hours or a few days to have the meltdowns (on a monthly basis as the case may be at times), but pick yourself back up and remember your partner, you aren't in this alone. Our husbands are with us. I think my man might need his own breakdowns just to deal with mine! Thank you God for the strength you give him when I am weak. Protect our marriage and give us the strength to keep it our top priority.

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." Isaiah 40:29

We are officially celebrating our anniversary next weekend instead of this weekend. I happen to look at the calendar and see the dates and "counting days" for said weekend, I notice "I'm ovulating" that particular weekend. I DO


" My lover is mine, and I am his." Song of Solomon 2:16

2 comments:

  1. Happy Wedding Day!! Yall make such a cute couple. And I think it's great that he is so supportive! I hope that you two lovebirds have a great time celebrating your I do's!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blessed to read your blog!!! And I should never forget your anniversary now! LOL Its on my Birthday! Please know that I am praying for you and your husband this week! I am praying that God gives you the desires of your heart! And that his timing be revealed to you! Bless you this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete