Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Well Meaning Suggestions

When are you guys going to start having babies?
You better hurry, your daughter is almost 10!
One time, my friend took this herb...
My cousin's friend' sister stopped eating...
I heard if you are on the pill for too long your body won't...
Oh, you just need more fish oil.
If you stop drinking caffeine and go to bed at...
Stop thinking about it.
God has a plan. (which He DOES)
Don't exercise so much.
Just take a vacation.
I had a friend that tried for years and after adopting, she got pregnant with twins!
Just adopt and you'll get pregnant.
Did you know that a rise in temperature can indicate ovulation?!
Take Robitussin.
It must be great to only have one. Are you sure you want another?!
You waited too long.
I've had 3 kids while on the pill, maybe you should get on the pill.
You are young, it will happen.
Man, waiting must stink, my husband looks at me and I get pregnant.
Stand on your head after...
Did you know there is only one day you can get pregnant out of the whole month!?
Don't take hot baths.
My eggs are good, I'd give you some, I don't need them anymore.
You might have.... I know someone that had that one time.

***

My God has made me in His image, I am woven just as He has planned. I pray He allows me to have a baby with my hubby. If not, He is still good and His plan is still perfect. His will be done. There is no rhyme or reason for me to uncover, His plan isn't mine to pick apart. He's got the whole world in His hands.... including me. Plus, I hate Robitussin, take plenty of fish oil and my eggs are just fine.

“For thou didst form my inward parts, thou didst knit me together in my mother’s womb.” – Psalm 139:13

5 comments:

  1. this post is great! I'm not going through what you are, but I know it drives me crazy when people say things similar to this when talking about our struggles! Sometimes we just want people to listen and not give their thoughts or suggestions or advice! Hang in there! Your faith screams through this blog which is totally awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! And, some people just don't know what to say, so they say something that seems helpful. Sometimes "we", I, put people in an awkward situation too, they just don't know how to respond! It's totally understandable. Well, the donation of eggs was a little weird... given the situation! I didn't want to come across a hater on advice givers, it was just a funny thought I had about posting all the "infertile advice" we infertile tend to receive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart! I completley understand! I am here if ever you want to vent <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am guilty of making some of those comments and never really thought about how it makes people feel. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christy, Women with infertility can put others in a awkward position too! Most people don't know what to say, so they say what they are thinking! Most of those comments are true/honest, but after hearing them dozens of times it gets a little old. I can't fault people with their well meaning suggestion. But, sometimes they can be hurtful. Truthfully, an "I hate that you are going through this and I'll keep you in my prayers..." is the best answer sometimes! I SO enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete