Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Yielding fruits in due season

"But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by the stream of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."Psalms 1:2-3 This does not mean immunity from failure or struggles. Nor does it guarantee wealth, health and babies. When we apply God's wisdom to our lives, the fruit we bear will be good and receive God's approval. message from bible footnotes.

"But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head. To the Lord I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill. I lie down and sleep. I wake again, because the Lord sustains me." Psalms 3:3-5 The assurance of answered prayer brings peace. It is easier to sleep when we have full assurance that God is in control of circumstances. message from bible footnotes.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9 Be strong. Don't give up. In due season I will reap. It may not be "my" plan, but it will be his perfect plan.

"To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1  God has a purpose, who am I to question his perfect plan?

"These things won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be filled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day." Habakkuk 2:3 (LB) God is never late. 

“I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted." Job 42:2

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

The fruits of the Spirit...patience.... faithfulness... peace. I pray my fruits continue to grow. I could use some extra fertilizer during some seasons.

Nana's Garden



1 comment:

  1. So very true-all of it! He is our strength and our hope in it all! If we draw from Him He will susatin us always! I have always loved Pslams ! Oh- and I miss our hair talks as well!:)Love ya!

    ReplyDelete