Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"A single trip to the bathroom can make you happy or bring you to tears"

I found this blog article from the website below. Some are a little over-the-top... language and topic. But, some is pretty funny and pretty true. I think she just tries to bring some comical relief to the reader:

"The infertile is probably the only person in the world that can go into a bathroom and return in tears or leave doing a happy pee pee dance. 
To normal fertile people, the bathroom is a place where you do your business and leave neither happy nor sad. To an infertile, the toilet experience can either make you or break you. You may walk into that bathroom stall happy and singing and come out with swollen eyes and a runny nose. You either (a) got your period (leading to extreme unhappiness and an emotional breakdown OR a little happiness if you hadn’t seen your flow since 1999 and joyful she has returned; or (b) saw traces of blood a week prior to your period and feel semi-excited/confused that it might be implantation bleeding; or (c) you have wiped clear which brings a private grin to your face.
And never have a co-worker or friend wait for you at the sink. You may go into the stall as her perky pal Patty but you are leaving as hysterical and hyperventilating Helen. And who really wants to explain to a co-worker why you just left the toilet in tears? You might explain as you blow your nose with toilet paper. Because with one trip to the bathroom you can go from no drinking, all healthy food, and no coffee to a bottle of wine, french fries dipped in alcohol, and half a pot of Joe.
Flush."
http://www.999reasonstolaugh.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious. I know you can totally relate. I am sad that you can. I have heard the pain in your voice when you didn't get the news you were hoping for...and I hurt for you my dearest friend. But through it all you have never given up on God, and I am so VERY proud of you! I cannot imagine what you feel exactly,but I know it is so very hard. You are strong in Him, we can all see it, and your blog is going to be a great way for all of us to experience God along with you on this journey. I am praying your journey is that of baby powder and no sleep very soon! Loving you from afar...Kel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Can you imagine a person looking forward to no sleep?! ;) Love you sister, thanks for all of your support, prayers and gentle spirit. You remain in my prayers, God is blessing the Marlers and I know He has awesome things ahead.

    ReplyDelete